2. Personal Data You Provide to Us
Givo generally collects personally identifying information (such as, for example, your name, email address, contact address, phone number, payment information, date of birth, etc.) with your specific knowledge and consent. This includes but is not limited to when you register for a Givo account, utilize Givo’s services, and/or make donations through our websites and/or application. You can choose not to provide us with certain personal data, but we may not be able to process your transactions or donations, or you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features such as posting on our forums.
3. Personal Data We Collect When You Donate through Us
4. Automatic Information
5. Use and Provision of Personal Data
We may collect, use, store and provide your personal data for any of the following purposes, including:
· To enhance or improve user experience, Givo and/or our website and/or services, or to facilitate our performance of our services or any services offered on Givo.
· To register, verify, process and maintain your account on Givo.
· To process, verify, operate, manage, administer and maintain membership programs for our users.
· To process your donations and/or transactions on Givo for our applications and/or services.
· To provide third party service provider(s) engaged by us to provide services for or in relation to Givo, to process data on our behalf, to provide information technology support to us and/or conduct maintenance of our servers, data banks and databases, including but not limited to IT contractor(s), website analytic service provider(s), data processor(s) and service provider(s) for database management systems.
· To comply with or as permitted by any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from any government authority.
Note that personal data provided by you are retained for as long as the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which such data was collected continue, but will be erased when the data is no longer required for that purpose. However, the data will not be erased if any such erasure is prohibited under any law, or it is in the public interest (including historical interest) for the data not to be erased.
7. Third Party Websites
8. Third Party Access to Your Personal Data
9. Marketing and Communication
When registering for a Givo account, you will be given the option to opt-in to receiving our promotional and direct marketing materials and/or updates through Givo’s newsletter. If you would prefer to opt-out from these e-mails, you can do so at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail.
You may, at any time and without charge, choose not to receive any marketing material or message from Givo by informing the Privacy Compliance Officer (whose contact details are set out below) in writing.
10. Law Enforcement
We may disclose your personal data to a third party to comply with or as permitted by any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from any government authority. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, unless there are any prohibitions / restrictions under the applicable laws, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either.
11. Security of Information
We make no representations as to the security or confidentiality of your personal data. You understand and agree that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It is in our interest to keep our websites secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
14. Access and correction of personal data
Under and in accordance with the terms of the PD(P)O, any individual has the right:
· to check whether Givo holds personal data about him/her by making a data access request (“DAR”);
· to require Givo to correct any personal data relating to him/her which is inaccurate by making a data correction request (“DCR”), after having first made a DAR to obtain a copy of that data and check the accuracy of that data; and
· to ascertain Givo’s policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Givo.
In accordance with the terms of the PD(P)O, Givo has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
To exercise any right of access and correction of personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Givo, please write to
Privacy Compliance Officer of Givo
21/F, Fortune Centre, 44-48 Yun Ping Road, Causeway Bay
Or email to email@example.com
Last Updated Date: 31 May 2016